Wednesday 23 March 2011

Bloggers' Block!

"I don't think jogging is healthy, especially morning jogging. If morning joggers knew how tempting they looked to morning motorists, they would stay home and do sit-ups."
- Rita Rudner 


I dedicate this post to hilarity!  Why?  Because I can, bitches!

Ran some blah km's yesterday.  So blah that I actually had to look up how far I had run so I could tell you all that I ran 5k.  Now there is snow everywhere and I was hoping to run maybe 11 or 12k today.  I'm feeling like a huge slacker, though.  Maybe I'll work on my core or something. 

Here is a picture of my old bike.  He's massive.  I think I've found a new home for him, so I just have to change the tubes and send him off.  *sniffle* We had some good times together tearing up the mean streets of Scarborough.  Nothing quite like rolling through Thompson Park at night, high on E and carrying an 8-ball in my pocket.  Gangstaaaaa!



I've been working in deciding a pace to run my 10k at.  Originally this was just supposed to be a warm-up for my half-marathon, so I was planning on running it closer to my half-marathon pace.  Now that I've decided to focus on the 10k, I figure I can push it a little with my pace.  My fastest 10k sits around 53 or 54 minutes, and that's on a hilly course.  I think I may be able to pull off a steady 5:00/km or faster pace for this run, aiming to finish in under 50 minutes.  Ideally, I figure, if I can run this in under 50:00, I can maybe run my half-marathon under 2:00:00.  That would be pretty sweet.  I'm not even ready to think about pace for my marathon this fall.  I just don't want to throw up on my shoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment