Friday 6 May 2011

Doomsday Approaches

"Methinks that the moment my legs began to move, my thoughts began to flow."
- Henry David Thoreau 


Some sad news to start off this post.  Runner Danny Kassap passed away on Monday.  He was a true fighter, and never let obstacles get in the way of his dreams.

On to lighter news.  I had the most epic salad for dinner.

I got halfway through eating it when I decided it was worth to share on the internets.  I'm still trying to finish it.

In the mix:
Spinach
Carrots
Mushrooms
Bean Sprouts
Pumpkin Seeds
House Dressing (just a mix of olive oil, lemon juice, balsalmic vinegar, some spices, salt and pepper, etc)

I also found a fancy way to display my bragging rights!



So there are 9 days until my Half-Marathon.  I haven't spoken much about it since I basically decided to write the distance off, and focus on my 10k.  Anyway, despite all this, I actually stuck to my original training plan pretty closely.  I got all my long runs in, including two 18k days, one week apart. 

So now what do I do?  My body is technically ready to be pushed to run maybe something sub 2:10, or maybe even sub 2:00, but my mind was planning to just relax and run slow.  I'll see how I feel race day.

This week has been recovery from my 10k.  I had a wicked blister on my right big toe.  Thankfully I have extensive first-aid/survival training, since I was able to fix that shit up with some moleskin.  I'm badass like that.  The blister is now (almost) a nice callous, and I look forward to abusing it for 21.1k next Sunday.  Also got a strange sore spot on the back of my left heel.  I think I bruised it somehow, it's healed up now as well.

I've been running every day now for about two weeks, save for a holiday I took on Monday.  I've been doing little 2k "speed bursts" as I call them.  I just run 2k as fast as I can.  It's crazy fun!  I doubt it's helping my physical training at all, but it helps to remind me why I love running to begin with.

Run Free!

No comments:

Post a Comment