Wednesday 11 May 2011

7662

"We run, not because we think it is doing us good, but because we enjoy it and cannot help ourselves. The more restricted our society and work become, the more necessary it will be to find some outlet for this craving for freedom. No one can say, 'You must not run faster than this, or jump higher than that.' The human spirit is indomitable." -
-Sir Roger Bannister 


Four days until the GoodLife Fitness Half-Marathon.  I can't decide if I'm excited or scared.  I've had a good week, running and not running.  I've only taken two days off since my 10k (both Mondays) and I'm starting to like this "run all the time" thing.  For No-Transit June I have to rely on my feet, bike, and blades, so being able to run places for errands will be very useful. 

Yes, I have been tapering down for the big day, so my daily runs aren't any longer than 5k at this point.  Just trying to keep everything springy without wearing myself out.

I am totally going to wear my fancy SportingLife 10k t-shirt!  It looks like it is going to rain (*cry*) so I need to remember to pack some clear garbage bags so I don't get drenched.  Running in the rain is one thing, standing around in the rain waiting for my eventual doom is something else.  Something not acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment